Andrew Miller – Chief Executive Officer
A highly experienced senior executive with a strong background in Aviation, Duty Free Retailing and consulting projects on a global scale.
Prior to joining CAPA Consulting, Andrew held a number of senior executive roles including:
- Chief Operating Officer, Air New Zealand;
- President Oceania, Duty Free Shoppers (DFS) Group;
- Managing Director, Dixons Stores Group/SupaSnaps; and
- North American Product Manager, British Airways.
Specialisation areas with CAPA Consulting:
- Strategic advice to airline Boards, shareholders and executive leadership teams on the changes required to meet new market challenges;
- Re-engineering of costs, brand and product to meet competitive threats in the aviation market;.
- Network, schedule and fleet reviews to take airlines into more profitable markets using new age pricing and yield management as a customer lever;
- Airport bidding experience, retail maximisation of returns and future impacts of airline schedules and models on aerodrome growth; and
- Government policy advisor on aviation issues and the relevant impact of tourism on economic growth and development.
Since joining CAPA Consulting some important assignments have been:
- A strategic long term review of a dominant legacy airline;
- Advising the Board of a national flag carrying airline through a 2-year strategic development period after it had experiencing significant market decay;
- Development of strategy for an LCC start-up over a 3-year period for a major airline; and
- Peer review of an international airport’s master plan and the pressure testing of the commercial assumptions in aviation and retail for a $200 million development project.
- Master of Arts Honours Degree (MA Hon.), Aberdeen University.
- Economics, Statistics and Psychology Degrees, Aberdeen University.
Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (FIACD).